Thursday, 29 November 2007

My First Post



I am a final year PhD student at the University of Southampton. I am based in the School of Electronics and Computer Science, in the Learning Societies Lab. I being supervised by Professor Wendy Hall and Dr Su White.

The general area of my researh is understanding the decline of women in computing. More specifically, I focus on how informal and formal learning of computers influences self-perception in the IT industry.



Below provides a list of some of the extra activities I have taken part in:
  • British Computer Soceity Hampshire Representative
  • BCSWomen Commitee member
  • Organised BCS/ECS games for girls event
  • Organised BCS/ECS games night
  • Instigated regional BCS/ECS international womens day events
  • Helped organise www6 BCSWomen/Women@CL event
  • Shortlisted for blackberrys women in technology awards
  • Organise regular school visits
  • Theano Steering Commitee
  • BCSW School visits

No comments: