Heya,
I sent out the murder mystery call today. I am waiting for the name confirmation before I set up a blog and twitter account for it. I now have to read a couple chapters of my thesis. I am really fed up though - I think its one of those days.
I feel alittle disheartended at stuff, because I found out that everyone seems to be getting jobs, postdocs and generally doing good things with their lives... I feel like I've failed alittle bit. I have achieved alot, done alot in the last four years of doing a PhD (not to mention getting the thesis submitted) but because of the time spent on those things... I seem to have neglected other things. Don't get me wrong - I love what I do, I am increadibly passionate about it, but I just feel that the time I have spent doing these things, I have compromised my career in some way. Like whilst I was organising things, my friends were publishing papers, going to conferences, applying for postdoc positions and things like that. But this always happens, there has to be compromises. Thats how life works.
I feel abit down but I will get over it ... !!! Lets hope I get some thesis reading done today. I am also trying ot read a book called Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde. Its really good so far :-)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
read a chapter... 3 more to go. I want to get through all of my results today and then tomorrow if i have to go romsey i wont have to think too much.
I think it's awesome that you love what you do so much, and I don't think you *have* compromised you're career! You are young and smart and up-and-coming :) And you're known for being good at what you do!
Post a Comment