Sunday, 17 February 2008

Back to Sunday....

Its Sunday (yes again) and half the day has been spent watching the Hollyoaks omnibus whilst the other half has been working!!! YES - I have been working! For some strange reason I have been focusing and writing to my hearts content. Don't get your hopes up as it wasn't a chapter or anything like that, it was more of a report about the Grace Hopper Conference. I am writing it and putting bits together so next years lot can hopefully go.... fingers crossed!!! I then went for a wonder round the shops and bought a couple ready meals to last a couple days.... yes I am bound to get a heart attack.... but as long as its after I've written my PhD. I don't know if being ill counts as a displacement activity or as a genuine reason for not doing work.


In a weeks time ECS Women will be holding a Linux/Unix workshop. There has been considerable debate with regards to whether this workshop should be for women only. There are lots of arguements for and against. I think the main issue is that, the girls who take part in the workshop don't want to be seen as having an unfair advantage or being seen to be given extra help. So for now we are having the events as: 'hosted by ECSWomen....'. The aim is to provide a supportive environment where girls are able to ask questions without feeling that they are stupid questions or that they have to keep quiet incase its too basic.

Talking of ECS Women, we have a coffee morning tomorrow at 11am. Feel free to join.

Yes I know no one probably reads this blog... but someday someone will!!! If anyone is reading it... then do let me know!!!


Getting a sore throat!! Going to do some reading. I have a meeting with my advisor on the 21st, so i want to write a chapter/random pages on experiential learning etc. in orderwords i want to demonstrate that my thesis is starting to have some sort of shape etc.


Anyways - I will probably write something abit later, about how I spent an hour on facebook then watched wife swap and how I am too tired to actually do much work. But thats normal....


Catch ya Later!!!


No comments: