Saturday, 25 April 2009

Its the weekend

Not being on facebook is not strange anymore. I've realised that if I want to procrastinate, I will find a way of not working. There are so many different ways - like tele, going for a walk, having a cup of tea and many other ways. I am also quite up to date with the news and current affairs. So its not too bad. I am thinking I might give myself an hour a day use of facebook everyday after I have done my two week fast. The thing is... I haven't been able to do this without the help of Leechblock. So I am assuming that sometime soon I am going to have to go back to my uni PC I am going to have to be real disciplined on that and install Leechblock on it asap...!!!!! But I am not using it until my 2week ban is up. Its like giving an alcoholic a whisky.

I do miss it though... but then i reckon its quite good also cos the people who I do miss - I email anyways. It means I spend more time catching up on the goings on of bcswomen on their yahoo group. I don't think not using facebook has left a hole in my life. Its made me productive cos even though i do procrastinate without facebook etc - it means i can get down to work a lot quicker.

I don;t miss it as much as I thought I would. I think about it more when i see my friends face to face and think... is there something that I should know about their lives that they have put on facebook and I've not seen. Hmmm maybe I should give people stickers to get them to wear so they can write their statuses. But alternatively I could just ask them.

I have some friends who don't even use facebook and they keep in touch with friends through email. They tend to meet them face to face. Maybe this could be an answer.

I ain't bothered.... I am going to go try to do some work... cos i can :-s

No comments: